Young Professionals Program
What are the requirements?
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of one of the Bank's member countries;
- Be 32 years of age or younger as of January 1st of the application year;
- Be fluent in English and Spanish, with a working knowledge of a third official Bank language (French or Portuguese);
- Have obtained a Master's degree or equivalent post graduate degree from an accredited university at the time of submitting your application (your degree must have been already awarded);
- Have two years of professional experience in business related to the Bank; and
- Be exempt from any military obligation for the duration of the program.
The Bank wants to lead the way in including segments of the population that have been historically under-represented. Hence applicants who wish to declare themselves as Afro-descendant or Indigenous must meet all of the criteria above may benefit from the following allowances:
- Be 35 years of age or younger as of January 1st of the application year;
- Be fluent in one of the working languages of the Bank (English, Spanish, French or Portuguese) and working knowledge of a second official language of the Bank is desired;
To ensure quality and fairness, all candidates will be assessed through the exact same selection process and will be part of the same cohort after selection.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org