A healthy work/life balance
Helping our employees achieve a work-life balance is important to the IDB. The following is a summary of some of the programs we've implemented to help them.
- Flexible work schedule: Employee are permitted to select a daily starting time other than the start of the regular working hours, with a corresponding stopping time after eight hours, plus the time authorized for lunch.
- Compressed work schedule: Employee works 80 hours biweekly in 9 workdays rather than the regular 10 workdays, resulting in one scheduled non-working day in every 10 working days.
- Home-based work: Allows an employee to carry out occasionally a specific short-term or a regular task or at home or an alternate location while observing regular working hours.
- Part-time work: Allows employees to have a working schedule that involves less than the regular working hours per week for an extended period of time
On top of the “regular” leaves (24 days annual leave, 8 days personal leave) or sickness leave, we offer:
- Maternal: 12 weeks with pay available to a female employee with respect to the birth of her child.
- Paternal: 5 days with pay available to a male employee upon the birth of his child
- Adoption: 10 weeks with pay available to an employee when he or she legally adopts a child and assumes custody of the child.
Other service facilities
- Health Unit: a Health unit with occupational and non occupational service, first aid and emergency
- Fitness Center: a sponsored fitness center, with subsidized rates, with fitness equipment and classes.
- Child Care: onsite regular child care services and offsite emergency child care services.
- Lactation room: facility onsite to accommodate working new mothers.
- Annual Picnic and Christmas Party: Two sponsored social gatherings per year, an offsite annual picnic with food and sporting activities, and an onsite Christmas party with food and entertainment